Cancer doesn’t stop in post-pandemic times. We provide an essential service and we strive to offer excellent patient care.
We are situated outside of a hospital environment and do not attend to patients with general or respiratory complaints, which minimises any risk of COVID-19 contact.
We are continuing to safeguard delivery of our essential care and the comprehensive strategy to protect you and our staff from potential infection remains in place.
- Patients are allowed into the practice, with one accompanying person. The capacity of the waiting room chairs remains reduced.
- We ask patients who are feeling unwell to reschedule their appointments.
- At our reception entrance there is an alcohol-based hand sanitiser for you to use.
- We have removed all reading material in the waiting area – please bring your tablet/phone.
- All contact surfaces such as door handles and restrooms in the practice are disinfected frequently; and our mammography/ultrasound equipment is disinfected after every patient.
To our Windhoek patients, we are delighted to confirm that Dr Apffelstaedt is in Windhoek every month throughout the course of 2022 and will continue to do so in 2023.
We encourage you all to maintain breast health and have an annual comprehensive breast health screening. To help make that appointment as great as possible, we now also have a state-of-the-art coffee station with delicious bean-to-cup coffee.