Apffelstaedt, Hoosain & Associates is a multi-disciplinary Breast, Thyroid and Parathyroid centre offering comprehensive clinical, and appropriate imaging assessment services, for any breast, thyroid and parathyroid health and cancer-related matters.
Our dedicated and highly qualified team assists you in pro-actively managing your health not just the disease.
Founded by Doctor Justus Apffelstaedt, the practice offers services in Cape Town and Windhoek. With decades of experience, Dr Apffelstaedt and Dr Hoosain run an internationally recognised and highly qualified team at our Cape Town centre and Dr Apffelstaedt personally assists patients at the Windhoek centre.
Dr Justus Apffelstaedt
Dr Fatima Hoosain
The Panorama, Cape Town, practice offers:
- Screening for breast cancer
- Clinical consultation with appropriate breast imaging which may be full-field digital mammography (FFDM) with computer aided detection (CAD) and/or ABVS (3D ultrasound) Automated Breast Volume Scanning / (2D) high-definition breast ultrasound
- Advice on appropriate management of any breast condition
- Routine breast health consultations for any breast health concern
- Individualised breast cancer risk assessments
- Genetic advice for familial breast cancer
- Comprehensive breast cancer management
- An individual second opinion service on any breast related matter, including a clinical consultation and assessment of breast imaging, analysis of family history of breast/ovarian cancer and review of management of established breast cancer
- Breast cancer surgery (in-hospital)
- Clinical consultations with appropriate thyroid/parathyroid imaging
- Advice on appropriate management of any thyroid/parathyroid concern
- Comprehensive thyroid cancer management.
- Thyroid/parathyroid cancer surgery (in-hospital)
The practice of Dr Justus P Apffelstaedt Oncologic Surgeon in Windhoek, Namibia, offers:
- Clinical consultations
- Comprehensive breast cancer management and management of any breast concern
- Breast cancer surgery
- Clinical consultations
- Comprehensive thyroid/parathyroid cancer management and management of any thyroid/parathyroid cancer concern
- Thyroid/Parathyroid surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Soft Tissue Tumours
The team at Apffelstaedt, Hoosain and Associates offers a personalised breast and thyroid health service that exceeds internationally leading indicators of quality in a caring environment.
The team at Apffelstaedt, Hoosain and Associates believes in empowering people to make informed decisions about their breast and thyroid health.
WE DELIVER THIS COMMITMENT BY:
- Creating an environment that preserves the dignity of our patients
- Remaining at the forefront of scientific and technical advances in breast health and management of thyroid/parathyroid concerns
- Ensuring that academic correctness is the only driver of our health care decisions upholding our ethics in breast healthcare and management of thyroid/parathyroid concerns and remaining transparent and independent
Dr J Apffelstaedt regularly gives talks on breast and thyroid health matters both in South Africa and Namibia and we support CSI initiatives. The current formal collaboration is with the Reach for Recovery Ditto Project in the Western Cape.
Click here: The Ditto Project for detailed information.
If you would like more details, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What our patients say
“During this traumatic time and pandemic, our lives are often surrounded by fear. In December 2020, I had to see Dr Apffelstaedt for an important visit. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well Covid-19 processes are monitored and managed at the practice. The doctors and all staff adhere to these same protocols. Even whilst having a mammogram, ultrasound or any other visits, COVID protocols are strictly adhered to. I am grateful to the team for making sure that it is always a relaxed and safe experience.”
“In May 2020 I discovered a small lump in my breast. In the following weeks I had to visit Dr Apffelstaedt quite a few times. I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency and strict protocols adhered to by the friendly staff and doctors, in spite of the difficult circumstances caused by Covid-19. I would encourage you to stay healthy by keeping your appointments regularly. I am certainly very glad I did.”